Tuesday, May 31, 2011

First Post: Introduction

I have finally decided to start writing my own blog.  First, allow me to explain the name.

One day during 10th grade English, the teacher told the class  that all poetry is about death and trees.  I promptly asked, "well what about love?"  She replied that of course, it's all about love.  This blog is not about poetry, nor is it about everything.  But it is about life.  It is about the universe.  And it's about a few (maybe 42?) other things.

Speaking of which, I'm not entirely sure in what direction I want to go with this blog.  I have a lot of ideas.  I want to discuss politics, religion, literature, cinema, video games, nerdy humor, publish fiction, and discuss frivolities.  Most likely I'll just write whatever I feel like until I get bored.  That's one thing that will likely run throughout the blog: honesty and personality.

So, in the interests of making LDT (yes, I'm already abbreviating Love, Death, and Trees) interesting, what would you like to see?  Comment here or send an email to the address associated with this blog, lovedeathtrees@gmail.com.  Since the readers are the people who give the blog purpose, I want to know what you think.

1 comment: